Monday, February 4, 2013

Walkin' with Happy...


I know it has been awhile but today I felt good enough to go for a walk AND the sun was semi-shining...so, off we went for a walk.

I thought about going down by the lake but I've done that enough so I thought I'd go up by where Happy's Vet is and walk around there. And while I was there, I took the time to make an appointment for Happy. He's been having some ear problems lately.

The first pictures are along Rainier Avenue as it borders Lake Washington on the South side. I was coming back from my weekly adventure called, Shopping at Wal-Mart.


You see some unusual things if you look for it.



So I started my walk with Happy. He was excited as he hasn't been on an outing for quite a while now.

And we got to explore some of the neighborhoods of Seattle. You never know quite what you'll run into. There was this house with a front yard decorated in bowling balls. You can see a couple here but to the left of this the sidewalk is bordered by LOTS of bowling balls.


Then there was this gem. I can definitely see the need for the anti-theft bar on the steering wheel. This was the cleanest part of the van.


Then there was this little gem. The Bookworm Exchange set on the sidewalk in front of this house.


A lot of kids books and some other eclectic titles. I was tempted to take the one titled "The Vegetarian in the Family" cause you all know how much I love my veggies.


Along the way we passed this front porch.


And then this one....just because it looked good in the fading light.


And finally this, the first signs of Spring. I love the transition seasons...Spring and Autumn. 


Love the first signs of Spring. 

And when I am not hurtin', I enjoy the walks. 

And I say to myself, what a wonderful world...









No comments:

Post a Comment