Sunday, January 13, 2013

Wedgies!!

Random Hankerin's

Ever so often, I get a hankerin' for something different. This time it was potato wedges. Can't explain it, can't tell where it came from, I just know I have to respond to it.

So.....

Off to the Internet!!! 

Where I posted a plea for help on Facebook. Evidently, potato wedges aren't high on a lot of people's priority lists cuz I didn't get much of a response. 

One stalwart soul suggested I google Southern Style Potato Wedges, so.....

Off to the Internet!!! 

Where I found a recipe for Wedgies that called for, of all things, MAYONNAISE!!

I mean, c'mon, how could I resist!?!

I had the Russet Potatoes and most of everything else I needed. I just had to borrow some onion powder (Yes, Kristi, they even POWDER onions) from TomBon and I was ready, Eddie!!

I put everything into a large baggie and even added a little touch of my own. Hey, I already had the Johnny's and the Old Bay so why not!?!



I was a little leery of the whole Mayo thing and, to be honest, this didn't look too appetizing starting out. Still, why not give it a try. Here the little Taters are waiting for the oven to heat up.



Halfway through they still didn't look too good. I tried turning them over but the few that I tried to grip with my tongs just fell apart. Not cool. Not cool at all.


I cooked them about 10 minutes longer than the recipe called for. At 35 minutes they didn't look done. I sometimes think my oven isn't, well, calibrated correctly.

So sometimes ya gotta play the odds. I thought another 10 minutes would be just fine and, by golly, it was. 

Looks good, don't it?


Yeah, well, they were. 

The Mayo was a touch of genius...as was the addition of the Johnny's and Old Bay. 

Next time I'm gonna try some bacon bits on them and some shredded cheese. 

Whadya think, Paprika? I'm jes sayin'....


Ah, adventures in eatin'.

No need to wonder why I'm so fat, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment