Thursday, April 24, 2014

This and That...

It's been a lot of this and that lately. 

A lot of yard work. Making the place look a little bit better. Doing this and doing that. 


It was tree-trimming time and Carol went after them with a vengeance.


Then it was the entryway. Bird feeders and flags and, "Watch out, Rose Bush! She's coming after you next!!


After the blue vinyl was taken off.


Planted some tomato plants.


They're doing well and I've added a third one.


And some peppermint...


Then the entryway needed painting.


As well as replacing the toe boards on the stairs and painting them, too.


Lookin' sad, eh?


Not bad.


Looking better, right?


My tomatoes!! I don't know how many I'll eat but the girls upstairs are gonna be getting a lot of them.


Oh, yeah, we put some lattice up between the fences and planted a jasmine plant to climb up it.


I warned the Rose Bush. Some lattice to let the bush climb and to provide a kind of privacy for our entryway. Something like that.


Leslie, from upstairs, put the flower pots out and it sets off the newly painted steps.


Oh, and we had a visitor…a Red-Shafted Flicker. We've had some bluejays, sparrows, chickadees, junkos, some more sparrows and, well, we've got some regular visitors.


He likes them mealworms.



Along with the birds came this rat. Oh, if only I could shoot him. If only...



He's not cute…he's just a furry rat.

And he eats too much of the bird feed.


Ah, my little Chickadee.


And tulips…they're all over the place.


I don't know what these are...


But I know what these are…delicious!!


Uh, love'em!!


Another flower, to state the obvious, but what kind? 

I don't know.


We take a lot of walks. This one was through the park near the library in Columbia City.


It's a beautiful little park.


More tulips in the park.


Tulips…everywhere.


And here's the library. 


The main drag, Rainer Ave, through Columbia City.


And I found a little time to cook up the burgers at the VFW. They have burgers every Thursday to raise money for operating costs and their charities…it's fun and gets me out of the house.



Blue Bonnets in my yard.


Got all these shots from a Lowe's…I just have a good time taking pictures and, lately, I've enjoyed taking pictures of flowers.




Lots of flowers...








I tell ya, since I've retired, I'm seeing more and more of the beauty around me. I've enjoyed just walking around and seeing. And thank goodness for digital cameras. I can take as many pictures as I want. As many as I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment