Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Mall Hopping - 11/17/14

Or - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas...

And we haven't even gotten to Thanksgiving yet!!

I do remember those long-gone days of yore when you waited until the first week or so of December before you began to decorate your house and put up your tree. I do remember when there was a week or two of Halloween candy and then, a couple of weeks later some Turkey decorations appeared and then, after all that, around the First of December, the Christmas decorations appeared.

It made sense and it allowed folks to enjoy each event without them over-lapping onto each other.

Oh, and I remember when it was called Christmas, a Christmas Tree and kids would ask, "Where are you going for Christmas Vacation?"

Hahaha, those days are a distant memory, aren't they? Well, time marches on and I guess we have to keep step with it or get left behind. 

End of rant...maybe.

We were totally bored yesterday and needing some exercise so we went over to the Southcenter Mall to walk around and look at the Christmas decorations. Like this Christmas Tree in the Seafood City store.

Bam!! It's there as soon as you come in.

Ho, ho, ho...


Santa is everywhere!!


Along with his cohorts, Snowmen and Reindeer.


How many different ways can they package Santa and sell him? Hahaha, I'm not complaining, just observing. And enjoying.


I didn't notice this until I got home and was playing around with the pictures.

Can you see it?

The Santas at either end are winking and the center Santa isn't. 

Pretty cool, eh?


Mrs. Field's Ridiculously Priced Chocolate Chip Cookies!! 

They had this humongous chocolate chip cookie with these Snowmen on it. It would be a lot of fun taking this bad boy down.


It's a nice looking mall. It's a mall, just like all the malls but it is our mall. Hahaha, I say that knowing full well that I dislike shopping at malls. Too crowded, too pricey, too enticing. I'm a sucker and a horrible impulse buyer and so these malls are dangerous places for me.

Hahaha, but I do enjoy walking around and eye-balling all the stores.


Und die Nussknackers.

(And the Nutcrackers.) 

(But you already knew that, didn't you!?!)

Hahahahaha, ready to knack your nusses, you bet'cha!! 


There are so many...things...to see.

These are all in Penny's. They've got a pretty big section set up for just Christmas.


Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus,
Right down Santa Claus Lane
Vixen and Blitzen and all his reindeer
Pullin' on the reins
Bells are ringin', children singin'
All is merry and bright
Hang your stockings and say your prayers
'Cause Santa Claus comes tonight!!

I couldn't believe all the different iterations of Santa Claus Penny's had out for sale. And these were like 2-3 feet tall. 

Here's the Jolly Old Elf...

Traditional...


European...


Country...


Baker...


Chef...


Vacation Santa...


Hunting and fishing...


Another version of the Old Kinder Klaus...


And another...Wait!! What!?!

Oh, I thought this was a line-up of old, fat, white guys.

My bad.
            CB

And speaking of fat white guys, this one fits the bill.


Ahhhh, it's so easy to spend, spend, spend!!!


I mean, this is nice and I'd really like to have the life where I would set out the Christmas stuff for dinner but, honestly, where would I put it for the other 11.5 months of the year let alone finding the money to buy the whole set.

Hahahaha, that's why I window shop.


Penny's did it up right. I enjoyed their decorations. It looks like they cut the Moose out of plywood and then fitted them together. Very imaginative and ingenious. Looks good, too.


     Mall Wall Selfie!!     

Give us a chance and we'll make it a Selfie. Hahaha, Merry Christmas, y'all.


We wandered up to the AMC theater to see what was playing and I got this shot of the front of the mall with the trees still blazing.


Hahaha, a Nutcracker with a Nusskracker.

Great stuff.


Blitz!!

Gooooo, Seahawks!!


Miscellaneous Crap-O-La for sale.

Glass Wine Stoppers.


This was in a Hallmark's Store.

I think it's a decoration for the tree.


And we saw Santa Claus!!

The Jolly Old Elf was there in all his resplendent glory!!

The folks at the Southcenter Mall did this one up right. And Santa was looking pretty good, too.


     SouthCenter Mall Selfie!!     

It really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

I was allowing myself to get irritated over the early onslaught of Christmas decorations and sales and then I thought, what the heck!! It ain't gonna stop 'em so I might as well enjoy it.

And why not? Why not enjoy the spirit that the Christmas Season brings? Why not enjoy the songs and the lights and the everything!!

So I quit carping about it and began to enjoy it. 

Hahahaha, bring it on!!

     Merry Christmas!!     


This is just a random shot from a short walk to the store yesterday. They had the Snowmen and some other stuff up outside their house. 

Cool.


OK, remember when I said I didn't like going to the Mall because I am an impulse buyer.

A really impulsive buyer.

Here's the proof!

A Seattle Seahawks Duck. 

Hahahaha, what a useless piece of...nothing.

Yet, I came, I saw, I bought.


He fits in, sorta, with the other ducks. He's a celebrity right now but he'll quickly become just another ducky.

Oh, and impulse? How about a slingshot to use on the squirrels and a metal business card holder for the new cards I've ordered but don't even have yet.

I*M*P*U*L*S*E     B*U*Y*E*R


So we had a good time and I felt sorta lucky to get out with spending as little as I did.

It's the Christmas Season and I'm enjoying the music, the sights and the mood.

Life is particularly good...at Christmas!!




     Hooah!!     





No comments:

Post a Comment