Sunday, December 2, 2012

Seattle Fish Company

Tuesday Lunch - Nov. 27, '12

Mike's been gone for a while to his place in Palm Springs. He returned recently and we got together this last Tuesday for lunch. I picked the Seattle Fish Company out in West Seattle. 

But before I got there I ran across this Church. The Skate Church!! If only Matt had found this Church before he moved all the way to the East Coast. I mean, c'mon, a Church for Skaters!!


Let's get going and see what they have at the Seattle Fish Company.


It's an unpretentious restaurant and fish market. Not fancy...


But they have a good menu. I've been in the mood for some seafood lately.


It's a friendly looking place, not long on decor.


Pretty much all the floor space is used for selling.


The staff was very friendly. I told them I was taking pictures for my blog and they were happy to oblige. It was early, around Noon, and they were still putting out their fresh fish.



But I had a choice to make. What to get....




I know I have pedestrian tastes but they suit me. I went for the True Cod Fish & Chips. As did Mike. I chose the restaurant so it was Mike's turn to pay. Next month he'll pick and I'll pay.


What would a seafood restaurant be without lemons? I don't know? Tell me, what would it be like?


We didn't buy any fish other than our lunches but the store kept busy while we were there.


Remember, I said it was unpretentious. Just the basics without a fancy wrapper.



The decorations were simple but effective. Look!! There's West Seattle.


 We didn't have long to wait. Within a couple of minutes, our lunches were served. Since Mike and I got the same dish, there wasn't any need to get a picture of his. The fish was tasty, the fries crisp and the slaw was tasty. All in all a good meal.




We had a good meal and even got to enjoy some beautiful artwork. Well, Mike thought it was.


When we left we walked by a gift shop and went inside for a peek. Can you tell what time of the year it is?








 During our walk, we passed a bank with this mural painted on its side. You find beauty in the most unlikely of places.

Walking through the neighborhood, we passed this old brick apartment building. If I could afford it, I'd like to live in one of these old buildings.


The neighborhood had some old homes. These were pretty classy.


Seattle neighborhoods with plenty of local shops.


Crossing over the Sound heading home.


Gotta love the Autumn colors.


On the road home.


Another good meal and some great sights. Life is good.






No comments:

Post a Comment