Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thanksgiving, 2012

Dinner at the Seagrove's

The day started off with Bonnie's family. Her Stepmother and Grandmother stopped by to help celebrate. 

Goofing on the couch with Anthony.


Bonnie's mother, Lucinda, came for dinner along with her sister, Felicity.


Tom with his Turkey....get it? Tom....Turkey, Tom Turkey. He fried his turkey again this year. Well, I should say he fried both his turkeys again. I think the family tradition for him will be Thanksgiving = Fried Tom Turkey....


I stopped by, said my "Hello's" and then hit the road to Lacey, Washington for my Thanksgiving dinner with Justin and Geri and their kids, Jacob and Jenna.

Geri was reassigned to Fort Lewis back around August and they found a beautiful house in Lacey. I was really pleased to get the invite to join them for Thanksgiving. 

Note the typical Washington skies .... and the typical Washington weather forecast .... cloudy with a chance of rain.


I got Geri some flowers for her table.


Heading down the street to Justin's in Lacey and enjoying the Fall colors. I do love me some Autumn.


Here it is, Casa de Seagrove. Justin is Dave's boy. 


Unfortunately, he was 'tainted' by living in the South while growing up. He 'thinks' he is a Gator fan. Give him some time on the West Coast and he'll come around. The Pac 12 will grab him and he'll be rooting or UW, WSU or one of the Oregons soon enough.

As for me....

Goooooo, Bruins!!!


Geri cooked up a good looking Turkey.

A real thing of beauty, eh?


And Jenna made some cookies. Can you see mine? It's to the right and it has a "J" on it.


The table looked grand with gravy, mashed potatoes (organic, no less!!), corn, beans....all kinds of goodies. And a little bit of Jenna, too. 

Look at that bird!! Mmmm, good.


 Jacob was ready to eat.


The Seagrove's, Jacob, Jenna, Geri and Justin.


Making the cut....


And, the unfortunate aftermath. I was too full to help.


This guy wanted to help with garbage disposal. He was big, affectionate and exuberant. 


Wasn't too much of the turkey left afterwards. It was good!!

And Geri was so thoughtful, she made me a leftover plate to take home with me. I had two Thanksgiving dinners!!


I think we were all full.


After dinner I got to see Justin's toys; his pistols and his bike.



 I had a great time and a great meal. It was good to get to meet Justin's family again and to spend time with them.

A picture of La Casa de Seagrove as I was leaving.


And a long ride home.

But isn't that what Thanksgiving is all about. Spending time with family and enjoying the blessings and abundance we all have.

And then driving home.





No comments:

Post a Comment