Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Lexi's Photo Shoot

My Little Baby Girl is growing up.

She's a Senior now and thinking about what's next. Yesterday she took placement tests for College English and passed through to the highest level. That means she can skip all the remedial and refresher courses in English and start with the highest required level. Woo, woo!!

Also looking ahead, she had her Senior Pictures taken. I don't pretend to understand what kids in high school do these days but she also wanted some more informal, personal Senior pictures and she asked me to take them for her.

I tried to warn her but she insisted and so yesterday she and I went out to get her some Senior pictures. I don't know which ones she'll select, but these are a couple of the ones I like.

First off, I was playing with the pics and came up with these. Michelle liked the sepia one. I was partial to the B&W and I put the color original up just for comparison.

Which one do you like?

                              

Took this one on the steps of the Courthouse.


Pretty, ain't she!?!


In front of the Old Jail Museum.


Near the Town Square.


Hard to get a bad shot with this model...


Sweetness and light....


In a small alley between some law offices.


Then we moved to the Leonardtown Wharf.


Thunderstorms over the bay.


Finally we went to her high school and a last chance of clothes.


I suggested we take one with her jumping in the air and she liked it and wanted to jump from one of the brick benches in front of the school. 

Soooo, we did. Note the flats she is wearing.

We didn't really think this out.


Ready for lift-off!!


She's committed now...


Into the air....


What goes up.....must come down....hard.


Oh, OUCH!!


So we ended our shoot on a sad, and limping, note.


I had a lot of fun with Alexis. Just sorry it had to end on a painful note.

Man, retirement is really getting to be a lot of fun. I'm really loving all the things I'm getting to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment