Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Jimmie Mac - 10/28/14

Or - Getting Off the Couch!!


If it's Tuesday, it must be Laundry Day. And, it was also Rainy Day. The storm that had pounded Hawaii a couple days ago and the coastal areas of Washington yesterday came in last night and hung around today.

It was pretty bad outside. Normally we experience a light, drizzly kind of rain but this morning it was large drops and a pelting, hard kind of rain. Bottom line, it was coming down pretty good.

We got up and got everything ready and were at the Laundromat a couple minutes before 0800 but the young woman who opens up every Tuesday was late. I wasn't surprised, in fact, I predicted it and I was only off by about 10 minutes on my guess on when she would show up. I guessed 0830 (The Laundromat should open at 0800 on Tuesdays) and she finally arrived at 0840. 

I expected her to be late as the traffic whenever it is heavy rains is always pretty slow. Folks persist in getting into brain-dead fender-benders every doggone time it rains hard. 

Every. Doggone. Time.

So I had some time to listen to the radio and shoot a couple of, I'm really bored and would really rather be doing most anything else than sitting here in the Mini waiting for the stupid Laundromat to open, pictures.

Here's the Station at Othello Apartments.


Here's the backside of our deluxe and still not open Laundromat.


All good things come to those who sit and wait...and she finally arrived. This wasn't the first time we've waited for her to open. 

Laundry done, we happily headed back to the Hole-In-the-Ground. A very lazy morning watching the rain come down and me watching Carol busy with cleaning. 

So, rather than fuss with a meal and eager to get out of the house (any excuse will do, really), I suggested we go out and eat and, surprisingly, got no argument with this most excellent suggestion.

We've passed this restaurant dozens of times and so we thought we'd stop there and see what they have. I've been there once before for Michelle and Matt's Wedding Rehearsal Dinner. I don't really remember what I had back then so for me this was like going for the first time. Like Carol.


I've always liked the building...obviously, they've dealt with overly intelligent people like me before...hence the subtle arrow gently pointing to the...Front Door. Hey, every little bit helps.


Hmmmmm, this is always a good sign. Generally speaking, I don't like places that only serve Pepsi and normallly I don't trust Pepsi drinkers...they're usually all Liberals and you know what that means .... 

Uh-huh, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.


As soon as you come in you are accosted with...

...MEAT!!

They make no bones about it...this is the place for Red Meat Lovers.

It's Carnivore Time...
(a gentle take-off of the Power Rangers who would say, right before they morphed, "It's Morphin' Time!!")


I still like the decor

American Eclectic mixed in with a little American Eccentric.

'Murica!! 

'Nuff said!!


Mmmmmm...

Great bread...soft, fluffy, savory, warm, tasty!!

Although I still don't understand why they insist messing up their butter with that honey stuff. Some people never learn, eh!?!


And peanuts.

Salted Peanuts.

Mmmmmmm...


Hahaha, Look!! It even tells you what to do with the shells of those goobers.

Jimmy Mac's Roadhouse!!

Guess what song was running through our heads while we dined?

I bet it's in your head now.

Hahahahaha, you're welcome!!


O...K...L...A...H...O...M...A, Oklahoma, OK!!

All three of the Seagrove Boys were hatched in Oklahoma.

Does your state have a Broadway Musical about it?

What? Can't hear you!?!

Hahaha, I thought not.


And my Dad was born in Texas...along with Tommy.


OK, this did look a lot better in my mind as I was taking this picture. Seems that happens a lot. Regardless, it's a plane, see the wings and the wheels struts?

Harumph!! I thought it interesting.


Ah, here she is, patiently waiting for dinner.

Lookin' good, Schubert!!


And this slightly balding, modestly overweight and wide-eyed old man.

Gooooo, Army!!

This year we WILL beat Navy!!


Another view of the dining area. Not overly crowded but it was only a little before 1700. The hip crowd wasn't off work yet and the Older Set can't eat all that Red Meat and Grease too often...doesn't set right if you know what I mean.

And I'm sure you do.


I did my best to add to the pile of peanut shells there on the floor.


Look!! There's the plane!! Right there in the upper left hand corner of this picture. Hah!! I knew it was a plane!! 

I'm not crazy, really I'm not!!


OH!! Dinner!!

Fish and chips for this one!!


And a Jimmie Mac's Bacon Cheeseburger...with Steak Fries!!

Don't judge me.


I can usually drink a beer most anywhere...but I'd have a hard time focusing on my business in this gaily lit...is it a bar?

Way to busy for me. Back to the basics at the bar, Buddy!!


 The food wuz good.

Very good.

And afterwards, we sauntered over to Walmart which was, surprisingly, not all that crowded.

We wandered over to the Seasonal Area and I saw the Christmas Village again. I tell you, I haven't decorated for Christmas the whole time I've been in Washington. Most I've done, I think, is to buy those advent calendars. And I only did that so I would have a legit excuse for eating chocolate most every day for the month of December.

Yet, this year, I'm feeling that pull to do a little decorating for Christmas. I'm resisting it successfully so far but...it is a strong pull.

And I'm really enjoying looking at the Cheesy Christmas Village some Walmart guy threw together for the display.

Oh, even though it is set up for Christmas, they had to Super Glue all the pieces to the platform to keep the really special and wonderful Walmart Shoppers from stealing them.

Hahahaha, I tried to move a tree for a slightly better picture and, oops!! That ain't happening!!

This one is cool!!


Did they check with the Marines before they ran out that banner!?! Hahaha, I guess they did as there are two very fierce looking Marine Teddy Bears guarding the door to the right. Very apropos of the Season, right!?!


Down by the Old Mill Stream...


Oddly, no one seems concerned with the Giant Snow Squirrel armed with that formidable staff!!

That kinda stuff wouldn't happen in MY Christmas Village!!


There's the Jolly Old Elf, himself, Santa. There on the right.


I wonder if that sign in the front left is for the Baker? Hmmmm, he may have been sued once for selling some week-old doughnut to a Cop. That would account for the sign, right?


One of my favorite departments in Walmart...that plus the food, toy, sports and McDonalds.


We are proud members of The Walmart World!!

You rock, Walmart!!


Heading back, feeling full, we stopped by our park.

Some of the sky was sorta clear.


Carol Anne checking for turtles and cormorants. The days are getting shorter. 


The gulls were the only ones we saw on the lake and they were all pretty much settled on the logs out in the lake.


The Trailer Park Marina with Mercer Island in the background.


The setting sun reflected on the lake.


Hahaha, these boats still haven't moved. I think I'll go back as far as I can in my photo albums to see if they are still there, sitting in the same place.


     B&W Alert!!     

Hahaha, it's been a while but I haven't forgotten about this exciting medium.

No eagles in Eagle Tree today.


And I learned why I've never noticed these buildings before...they're way down at the left end of the east side of the lake shore. 

That little blur just to the right of center...it's a seagull. It was so dark I had to use a very slow exposure and so anything moving was blurred.


Just a gentle and do-nothing kind of a day. Getting things done and then celebrating, in a small way, life. 

Living, day-to-day, is good.




     Hooah!!     


No comments:

Post a Comment