Sunday, October 12, 2014

Seahawk Sunday - 10/12/14

Or - What If They Gave a Party and Nobody Came?

We've got a couple of very busy bird feeders outside our window...right where we can easily watch the birds.

Hahaha, these guys really get into their food. It flies all over the place but it works as the pigeons are all ground-scratchers so they eat whatever falls out...and there is a lot of that.


Competition is fierce around the ol' feeder.

Mine!! I was here first and it's MINE!!

And seating is at a premium.


Yeah, there's a real Angry Bird.

Get outta my face, Man!!

But the big deal today was going to the VFW for the Seahawk game and a pot-luck. Today is Seahawk Sunday and so we intended to go to the VFW and watch the game, at least the first half, on the Big Screen TV. And, since neither of us are slackers, well, I am but that's another story, we brought some food to share in the pot luck.

Imagine our surprise when we got there and...the doors were locked. Tight!! Oh, believe me, I thought about the ol' trick where they lock the door and then everyone stays quiet until the unwanted one leaves. I thought about it but decided that, because there were NO cars in the parking lot then it really must be closed. 

Ratz!! And we got there about five minutes after kick-off so we weren't early. I guess I need to pay attention a bit more, eh!?!

Hahahaha, well, if you can't do Plan A then fall back to Plan B.

And so we were off to our park for an impromptu picnic...Hahaha, we had the food, bowls and forks so why not. We headed down Renton Ave. Here's one of the trees lining Rainier Ave as you come into Renton. 


And we had barely gotten there and spread out our blanket when this guy comes taxiing down the runway and then slowly turned around.

WTH!?! Another one is going to take-off!?! I dropped everything and got myself set to capture this plane taking off.

I mean, from none to three over two days!! Hahaha, I hit the Mother-Lode!!


He spooled up his engines and then, BOOM!! He was on his way!!


And I was ready!! I had everything ready to go!!

And then he eased back on his throttle and began coasting towards the other end of the strip.

Ratz!! He was just testing, or is that teasing?

So I went back to what I was doing, taking pictures and enjoying my lunch when I hear the roar of the jet engines again and, doggone it!! He's taking off again but he's coming from the far end to take-off at our end of the field.

OK, I wasn't ready...I had the camera zoomed WAY out and I tried to adjust the zoom and point it and shoot it with one hand as I had the other one full of Pork 'N Beans.

Hahaha, I missed!! I missed all four shots!! Got some good close ups of the sky, the clouds but no jet taking off almost over our heads.

Double-Ratz!!


And this one? She was still enjoying her lunch. Hahaha, she got to watch it all without the drama and angst I went through!!

Uh, go Seahawks?

But I didn't spill my lunch! Nary a drop hit the ground.

This was going to be our contribution to the VFW Potluck. Instead, it will be our lunch and dinner for the next couple days. 

Hahaha, good thing I likes me some Pork 'N Beans!!

Haha, everyone should eat this well!!

That same red and white seaplane is still there. That's odd. Normally they don't stay there more than a couple hours and this one has been there several days. 


But things are back to normal now the jet took off and there goes a seaplane. I still love watching these things take off out of the lake.


    Artsy-Fartsy Alert!!    

Oh, they'll be several of these. The day and my mood sorta lend themselves to my being Artsy-Fartsy.


Just a shot of the Trailer Park Marina. That place must be a real money-maker. Oh, and in the distance is the Eagle Tree.


Here I am trying to be cute shooting the coots underneath the wing of this seaplane.


And now I'm trying to get something interesting with the clouds and the seaplane.


Then I glanced up at the Eagle Tree and...POW!! 

There he was!!


And a closer look showed me there were two of them there!!

Bert AND Ernie.
Hahaha, this rocks!! Eagles!! In Seattle!! 

It is so totally cool!!


    Artsy-Fartsy Alert, Part II    

Clouds and a semi-smooth lake surface...gotta go for it, right!?!

And so I did.


    Artsy-Fartsy Alert, Part III    

And if reflected clouds are cool then what would the real thing be? Even cooler!!


    Lake Washington Selfie!!    

See, we got our Seahawk gear on and we're ready to root!! Carol even has her Seahawk colored scarf on.

When I say "Sea", you say "Hawks!"     "Sea"...

Ahhhh, lunch.

Hahaha, what a couple of Nerds, eh!?!

Out in the park with their crock-pot full of Beans 'N Weinies.

What a couple of Maroons!! With their Mickey Mouse dishtowels.

A long shot of Coulon Park with the trees changing color.


Long, dramatic shot of the skies over Lake Washington.


So, we were ready to hit the road so I thought why not, on the way home, stop by and get a close-up view of the Eagle Tree and the two Eagles there.

A quick check before we left confirmed the Eagles were still there.

So we parked on the street and walked into the trailer park and got down to the water's edge only to discover...


...the birds had flown the coop.

Stupid birds.


    Artsy-Fartsy B&W Alert!!    

So I got some shots of the  small and obviously home-made docks there at the Trailer Park Marina and thought they'd look even better as a B&W. 

Here's the deal...you get to see the B&W and the the color version. Which one do you like best? Let me know, OK?



Same deal with this one. Which one works?

While I'm partial to B&W, I think I like the colored ones better.

What do you think?



And this one is in here just for GP.


It was a good day. A bit disappointing on the Pot-Luck thingie but it was still fun to stop by the park and see the jet and the Eagles.

So, of course, we deserved a treat on the way back.

Hellooooo, Ronald McDonald!!

An ice-cream cone AND a large Diet Coke!!

Mmmmmmm...

Mmmmmmmm...

We got back in time for the second half and to watch the Seahawks fall to the Miserable, Mealy, Malicious and Evil Dallas Cowpukes.

RATZ!!

Other than that, it's been a good day.

A mighty fine day.

Life is, even when the Seahawks lose, good.



     Hooah!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment