Thursday, June 5, 2014

Columbia City Farmer's Market

Another day, another walk. This one around the Columbia City Farmer's Market.

Every Wednesday from now until October there will be a Farmer's Market in Columbia City. I think these farmers are like a club and go from market to market together. I bet we see a lot of them at the Renton Famer's Market next Tuesday.

Anyway, I always park out and we walk into wherever we're going. Get to see a lot more this way.

Before we went, however, we took a short walk around Renton. We enjoy stopping in at the Comic Hut downtown. It's a user-friendly comic book store and I can take pictures as I like in there. It's got a lot besides comics.

Like this SafeCo Field game...


I should have gotten a couple of these. How cool would that be, eh?


Someday, maybe, an anthology of Archie Books.


Then, in a antique store I saw this and immediately thought of Joe. He collects Coca-Cola merchandise. 

Isn't this cool. I mean, who wouldn't want this!?!


But I didn't have enough pocket cash or else…I woulda...


And we walked by the depot where the old Dinner Train used to come out of. Michelle and Allison worked on the Dinner Train. Back in the day. Not too long ago.


They may have a Railroad Crossing but the Dinner Train has gone to the Big Station House in the Sky.


Oh, and we saw flowers. Love the flowers.


Then we were off to the Columbia City Farmer's Market. Hooah!!


These guys are semi-pro, eh? They do it up right.


But, dang, they WERE pricey!! I mean, serious, reach deep down into that wallet, buddy, pricey.


Things looked good but...


They cost good, too!!!


And the flowers. Love the flowers.


Can't get a bad shot, really.


The color is just great. 


And the food. There were several places to get food, all gluten-free and HEALTHY. Sometimes I got tired of the superior attitude of these HEALTHY folks.


And hand-made pasta...


And baskets from a Somali


The stalls….flowers...


Information...


Strawberries….


and fish.


And more flowers….


and a lot of plants. They were selling plants you could take home and plant for yourself. Herbs, spices, tomatoes and so on...


Time to go. This park used to be a huge gulch. They had a log stretched across it for people to get back and forth. They finally filled it in and…got this park.


Better than a gulch, right?


Some of the homes along the old gulch.


Trees near the library.


And, downtown Columbia City. Always a fun place for a walk.


With lots to see in the windows.


And walking through the neighborhoods always brings pleasant surprises.


Like this. Carol saw a pregnant cat and began coaxing her over. I kept on walking cuz, well, it just wasn't gonna happen.

And then I turn around and...


I go back to getting pictures of the local fauna and turn around and...


Now she's got two of 'em!!! Cheez!! I had to call to her before she had more show up.


But I still had time for flowers. Hahahaha


I really enjoy shooting flowers. I usually get a good picture for little effort. I mean, all the hard work is done by the time I get there. All I have to do is point and shoot.

Hooah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment