Sunday, June 8, 2014

This and That

It's been beautiful weather here in Seattle. The kind of weather that you just want to get out and do something, anything, in. 

However, I'm thinking it's been on the "too" warm side, myself. It's been 73 degrees here all day and HOT, HOT, HOT. It's suppose to be 73 tomorrow, too. Argh!!

Still, the weather has been clear, clean and D*R*Y!! Hooah.

Soooooo, the poor ol' mini's been covered with bug goo…even after we'd washed it from our recent trip. In addition, some bird with a seriously bad bowel disorder relieved himself over the mini…along with about 20 of his cohorts and the poor thing was in dire need of a bath.

So it was off to the Car Wash, Baby!!

Big Bear, to be exact. 

We got there and the guys running it looked like Mormon Missionaries. I mean it. Seriously, they all wore black slacks, white shirts and black ties. And they had little name tags pinned over their pockets...


Look, there!! There's one of them Missionaries waiting for us.

Hahahaha, that was funny. We had a good laugh.


What wasn't funny was leaving one of the side panels that covered up part of the door where it met the window in the washer. 

Yeah, left that bad boy there. Got home, noticed a piece of the ol' mini was missing and…guess what, when I called they found it in the tunnel of the car wash.

I guess the missionaries had the last laugh…on me.

Now the big surprise…when I picked up my errant piece of the mini, they told me to go and get a quote to have it fixed and bring it to them!!! 

Wha….!?!?!

I totally didn't expect that. Sooooo, tomorrow it's off to the Toyota place to see how much it will cost to get it put back on again.

Whew, enough car drama. 

So we were bored and went out to do some puttering around in the yard.

There's Carol, worrying that rose bush by the driveway. She's deadheading it…again...for the 6th or 7th time.


There's just not that much more left to it!!


Now, mind you, I was busy, too. I weed-whacked the sidewalks, side of the house and a big patch out by the garage. Serious weed-whacking.

Meanwhile, Carol repotted this beauty from the trio on the front porch. 

Afterwards, she felt it looked a little lonesome there so she grabbed some wild flowers and planted them along with the Marigold.


Here's the plant that she borrowed the sprigs from. Ingenious, eh?


And I, well I marveled for a long while at the beauty that is my single, lone and solitary tomato.

He's a gettin' bigger every day!!


After all this fun, we ended our day with a barbecue... some tasty and healthy food for dinner. 

Hooah!! 

Life is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment