Friday, June 6, 2014

D-Day Movie...

They are showing a 45-minute movie, D-Day, Normandy 1944, at the Pacific Science Center downtown and so Carol and I decided to go.

Of course, we took the Link and, of course, we had to walk to the station and, of course, we saw some flowers and, of course, I had my camera and, of course, I took some pictures before we even got to the Link.

Some things are predictable.

Haha, I never said I was original. I find something good and I tend to stick with it.

                      

But, change of pace, we also saw the first butterfly of the year today. Here she is. 



The sights along the walk were great. It was a beautiful day…so sunny it was tough to take pictures as Seattle is Light and Shadow. If you're a photographer you know what I mean.


But, before we left today, I saw on Facebook that today is National Doughnut Day. Well, of course, we have to celebrate that. 

So we're walking from Westlake Center towards the PSC and we pass Top Pot Doughnuts…it was like it was preordained. They were gearing up for National Doughnut Day…they had their Airstream out and...


They had Doughnut Girls!! 


I got the feeling she wasn't much into being a Doughnut Girl. I waved and yelled to her and this is the most I got…she turned in my direction. Hey, I take what I can get, OK?

Besides, how often do you see TWO Doughnut Girls? Yeah, that's what I thought.


Then, also on 5th Avenue, we passed this…a Glassblowing business.


She was placing glass pieces in the small square garden in front of their store.


This is her finished product. Actually, this picture was taken as we were heading back home. I just stuck it in here so you can see what she was doing in the picture above.


Always looking, I saw these leaves. Kinda nice, eh?


And then I saw this angle for the Needle. As I was standing there, composing (yeah, that's right, I compose…sometimes) and thinking it'd be neat if the Monorail, another Seattle icon, were to come along and…badda-boom, badda-bing…here it came!!!

Sometimes the Fates smile at ya!!


Finally got to the PSC where the movie was.


Alright…let's go!! I got in free today. Military got in free today.

Thanks.


Here's the advertisement for the movie we saw. It was interesting. Done in 3D, it was unusual. I don't know that I'm a big fan of 3D. Naw, I'm not a fan of 3D. My only complaint was that I felt they did a lot of things just cuz they could and it was in 3D. 

It was good. It certainly was deserved for the men who served in WWII. It was just gimmicky.


Who doesn't look good in 3D glasses?

Me, obviously.

Bug Eyes!?!


Afterwards we walked over to the International Fountain for lunch. As we left the PSC, I got this shot of the Space Needle.


It was a beautiful Spring Day in Seattle and the kids were out in force. They were also out of their minds. It might be a Spring Day but it was still Seattle and  C*O*O*L outside. These Rug Rats didn't mind.


Knuckleheads would stand there until the fountain started and then run away, screaming. 

Oh, the screaming.


Except for the Lavender Crew. I suspect they had someone like Mr. Seagrove honchoing the group and I also suspect he said something along the lines of no one with wet clothes is getting on the bus. 

It worked. They didn't look all that happy but they were dry.


Not these Rockheads, though. 


There were a lot of people out today.


Enjoying the day...


We enjoyed our 'healthy' lunch sitting along the edge of the fountain.

I dropped a lid and it rolled down into the fountain area so I had to climb down and get it. I got this shot of Carol laughing at me.


OK, she wasn't laughing. I did enjoy eating our lunch there, though. Except for the lid thingie.


Nice day for lazing round the fountain.


You can see it's popular when the sun's out.


Saw this in the Armory. Now this is something I can get behind.

Hooah!!


As we were leaving, we saw this, Darth Vador, reduced to posing with tourists to make money.

It's sad how the mighty have fallen.


The Chihuly Exhibit. Glass blowing is big (hahaha, get it? Big!?!) in Seattle and Tacoma.


These things are like 30 or 40 feet up into the air. 

And not that cool, either.


Now, this is real art. 


Or this. Not a dandelion…I don't know what it is.


Window art for Max's Restaurant.


Oh, hey!! There's Top Pot. We had already decided to stop there on our way back. 

I mean, c'mon, it's National Doughnut Day!! We had to stop.


I felt like I was in Hogwart's. But, really, it's just Top Pot...


Which is a large, open and airy doughnut shoppe...


Pictures abound everywhere.


We got the Double Trouble…

It was disappointing. Dry and a stale. 

Honestly, I'd rather get the chocolate muffins from Walmart. They were a lot tastier.


Look at that. I tell ya, Seattle is just weird. This is for a Credit Union.


And a failed attempt to get a picture of a Link train in the low light of the Westlake Center.


It was a great day. A lot of fun and a reminder of what price was paid for our freedoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment