Monday, June 23, 2014

Coulon Park Walk...

It was such a nice day out that I had to overcome my natural inertia and get out and spend some time in this rare Seattle sun.


So we grabbed our water bottles, cameras and sunscreen and headed on out to...




I know, been there, done that. But it's such a lovely park it's always worth another look. Plus, it was late in the day and I don't do well with rush hour traffic. Not well at all. Everything else worth going and seeing was a freeway drive away. Ain't gonna do freeway. Not at rush hour. Nope!!

It was a lovely day even though it did start clouding up while we were there.

I got this shot as we came into the park…the sun there above and behind the trees.

In color and...


...in B&W.

Hahaha, I warned you!! I told you I'm playing with my B&W. 

So, what do you think? Which one do you like better?


The railroad tracks run alongside the park for about a half mile and while we were there they pulled up this engine to...


…pick up these cars.

I was sorta hoping a long freight train would have come by. 

B&W…what do you think? 

Yes or no?


We saw this graffiti on one of the railroad cars waiting to be picked up. 

I don't think this was a gang sign but, c'mon, some guy put a lot of effort into letting his girlfriend know how he felt about her…seriously, it's still against the law but, nicely done.


It was this kinda day. The kind where you just loll about in the sun. 

We saw these guys lying on the grass as we came into the park and, by golly, they were still there in the same position as we left after a walk of about a mile. 

They're dedicated!!! 

(Gotta job?)


And the flowers…

Orange Day Lilies. They dominated as we came into the park. 


Kind of a large sized Orange Day Lily. I think.

I don't know.


Look at that great color. How cool is that?


Then we came across these beauties. In all kinds of color.





Carol does tell me the name but, I lose the names faster than Lois Lerner loses her e-mail. Really fast!!



And these, these are buds of the flowers above. 

They have their own special beauty.


And these red…ones.


And these.


I saw this plant growing out of an abandoned piling in the lake. 

Life, any kind of life, is tenacious.


And these…in B&W!!!

Hahahahaha, I warned you so quit griping!!


And this guy was taking the sun, too. We watched him until he finally turned and managed to fall off the log. Hahaha, he did. He fell off. 

Not a graceful exit but it worked, right!?!


Yeah, OK. I admit I get too artsy-fartsy.

I've shot these guys before. It always seems like such a good idea when I'm there, with a camera in my hand and this in front of me.

So, I shot it.


In B&W, too!!

Hahaha!!!


Hahaha, some abstract B&W.

It ain't gonna end soon, folks.


But this post is. 

A great day. Saw a seaplane landing in the lake. People relaxing, swimming and boating. Oh, and fishing. Even though they have signs up warning against eating certain fish caught in the lake because of contamination. And there was one trout that they said you shouldn't eat more than one a month for health safety reasons.

Modern life!!

And, at home...

I bought a black poster board today to see if I could position it behind the flowers I was shooting. Kind of isolate the flower and take out distracting backgrounds.

I took several in the front yard but this is the only one that worked. 

In the others, the board came out a bit purple. Yeah, go figure.

Purple.


So, life is good. I'm keeping busy. 

Getting off the couch every once in a while.

Hooah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment