Thursday, June 5, 2014

Hanging Out

We've been busy. Trimming the hedge, planting the plants and enjoying life.

Leslie, one of the girls living upstairs, had put out some flower plants a month or so ago. Well, they didn't last long so Carol bought some more today and, nice guy that I am, I let her go ahead and plant new flowers in all of them. By herself. Ain't I swell? 


She did fine all on her own. I would have just been in the way. Honest.


And, they look pretty good, too.


I picked out the Mum and the Snapdragon. 


Pretty doggone nice, right?


Carol saved some of the original flowers, the little ones on the right side.


And, look!!! The Apple Tree in the front yard is finally starting to show fruit. Hooah!! Pears in the back an Apples in the front.


The really BIG news is…my first tomato!! 

There it is!! See it!?!

That little light colored ball down there!!


Hahaha, tomatoes!! So far, if this is the only one I get (and that's possible) it will have only cost me about $30. Fair price.


Today was so great, I had to bar-b-que. Mmmmm, turkey burgers on wheat buns with Lite Mayo. 

I love eating healthy!!!


There's the grill Darcie gave me. Rock 'N Roll!!!


Not too shabby…in the shade, mind you.


Our little guard Piggy. Keeping a steady eye on the spices.


Maybe someday we'll get a hummingbird feeder and get the real thing. But for now, this Dollar Tree version will have to do. And if it really blows hard we might even hear that little bell down below our hummingbird. Hooah!!


A great day for a bar-b-que. Mmmmmm, Turkey Burgers!!!

Ah, crap.





No comments:

Post a Comment