Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Movie Tuesday and IKEA

Yeah, it's  Tuesday and Tuesday means Movie Time!!

Today, Carol and I went to see, The Other Woman. I liked it but she was a bit lukewarm about it. Regardless, the buttered popcorn was GOOD! and, need I say it, discounted. Yeah, I love me some discounted buttered popcorn.

Here's our theater. It's the $3.50 movies for us, out in Tukwila. It's kinda neat, architecturally. Large front and around 12 or so theaters inside.

It was a beautiful day, by the way. Here it is looking from the outside in...


…and from the inside out.

It's my Tuesday haunt.



But, before we go to the movies, we go to IKEA and walk around to look at all of their stuff and to take pictures. It's a target-rich environment…for pictures.

I know I'm getting a bit esoteric…but it's fun, though, to find picture opportunities in the most unusual places. Space, color, shapes.


Last time we were here, I took several shots in the Lighting Department, of the lamps on display. They were great so we were looking and in the Kiddie Bedroom area we found these lights. 

They're kinda cool. I could see arranging them in a visually pleasing pattern. Course, I used whatever the IKEA folks put together. And they're not bad.


And, after the flowers, these ladybugs...


To these hearts. I like the hearts. You'll probably see them again in some form or another.


And I'm seeing glass, too. For patterns and just because it is interesting.


And, you know, these guys do a pretty good job of presenting their wares. More glass...


And a shot of glasses from the top. In B&W. 

Cuz that's how I roll.


And the stuffed animals.

Mmmmmm, bacon.

"What!?! What'd he say!?!?!"


…to these little puppies…

Arf?


…And these guys…

The Big Bad Wolf and Grandma and some clown.


I don't know who the clowns are suppose to be. My first thought was Pinocchio. You can see that, can't you? Well, so can I. 


And these…patterns…what is this!?!

C'Mon, take a guess…

Haha, they're Swedish Chocolate Candy Bars…stacked on their side in a box.


Now for some artsy pics…thought you'd get by this time, eh?

No suck luck, Sucka. 

Here's my B&W entry. It's a Knackebrod Rag & Kli. (Rye & Bran Crispbread) 


And here it is in color.

Very rustic and New Englandy looking.

Wonder what they taste like?


After the movie and after IKEA. We headed towards home but first we took a small detour to what is becoming a favorite little park for us. 

The Wiley Post/Will Rogers Park next to the Renton Airfield.

And today, we were able to see Mt. Rainier…

Really see it.

Love. The. Zoom.

Another pretty much cloudless day here in the Great American Northwest (and it was HOT, too!!)


For the first time we saw a Water Lily in the Lake. We've been there a number of times but this is a first. Usually, there's just the pads…not today.

Kinda nice. And it was the only one open. There were two others but, although they had broken the water line, they were still just closed pods.


Not this one. She's looking good.

(There's that zoom again!!)


And the geese were there, as always. These guys were hanging out. 


And the boat folks were out and about. We also saw some dinghies sitting still in the water so guys could fish. And there were at least two kayaks out. Now that looks like fun.


And then, off in the distance, the drone of an airplane...


Coming in for a landing on Lake Washington.

I know it's silly, but I just love watching these flying boats come in for a landing.


 And, splashdown.


And then they cruise their plane back to near where we're at near the landing strip. The landing strip at Renton rolls right down into the lake.

Nice looking. 


Then, as we were leaving we saw this Osprey making circles in the sky.

Let me tell you, it's tough using an extreme zoom and trying to track a moving dot through the sky.

Very tough.


But I got lucky, several times.


Believe me, there were a lot of shots of the big, blue sky. Hahahaha!!


None of these are great but we got to see an Osprey, out in the wild, doing his thing.


Now, that's cool.


And that wasn't the only wild life we've seen. Yesterday I had a hankering for some Chocolate Muffins. Serious hankering.

So we packed up and walked to the Safeway.

And we saw these dolphins, a-swimming and enjoying life.


And then, as we were walking home, we saw these two, sitting way up high on a cell tower. They were preening…and they took turns hiding their head. 

Very frustrating.


Extreme zoom again and hand-holding this little camera and trying to keep it on one small subject…it's tough. That thing wiggles and waggles. It's like it has a life of its own the way it moves here and there. That's my long way of explaining why there's a picture here of just one of the Osprey. I was shooting for two but, hahaha, missed.

It ain't easy, ya'll.


Haha, finally, got them both.

It's so cool to be walking in your neighborhood and see these Birds of Prey. Really cool.


And, finally, this. This giant beauty is just across the street from us. It's one of the special treats of Seattle. The trees in this city. And this one isn't the largest tree in the neighborhood, either.


Another beautiful day and more fun. I knew I'd kinda dive into photography when I retired but I didn't realize how deep. I'm loving this and loving having small cameras that go anywhere with me.

I'm also so grateful for the ability to take pictures, a lot of pictures, and not have to worry about the cost…buying the film, developing the film, paying for blow-ups. 

I just point and shoot. And shoot. And shoot….you get the idea.

It's been great and I am having so much fun exploring.

Retirement is great!!

Now to win the Lottery and I'll be set.

Hooah!!



No comments:

Post a Comment