Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My Tomato - 7/16/14

Hahaha, I did it!! I actually managed to NOT kill my tomato plants and, today, I got the FIRST tomato from it.

Truthfully, I turned the ground over and then watched, carefully and with great diligence, as Carol planted the tomatoes. And then I monitored her as she watered them daily, several times a daily.

Y'see, I was there the whole time, at a distance. I just wisely let Carol do all the heavy lifting so I didn't kill a single plant…and, today, we got the first tomato off of it.

Here they are shortly after they were planted. See the power box on the top right-hand side? Well, you don't see it anymore nowadays. It's covered by TOMATO PLANTS!!

This was taken June 4th.


Here she is, the first tomato, when she was just a baby. Wee little thingie...


Getting close to that power box. This was June 13th.


Ah, my baby!! She's a growing up!!


Oh, LOOK!!

She's maturing!!


Do you remember the power box? 

Huh!?! Where'd it go!?!

July 14th.


And, today, T-Day.

Tomato Day.


Ol' Smilin' Jack has got his scissors ready to harvest the FIRST TOMATO of the season.


Careful, Jackie!! Watch your fingers, Bubba!!


Success!!

She's a looking good, eh!?!


And now, Chef Boy-Ar-Jackie is gonna demonstrate his mad choppin' skills...


...And, one...


...And a two...


…And a three...


...And a four and five!!!


The Proud Daddy!!


Lookin' good!!!


And on the turkeyburger. With a whole wheat bun and the Lite Mayo with lettuce and a touch of mustard.

And that slice of cheese. 

C'mon!! A boy needs a little cheese every now and then.


It was GOOD!!

Haha, a great way to end a good day.

Honestly, though, it was uncomfortably HOT, HOT, HOT today!!!

Ugly hot.

But tomorrow…


Tomorrow's going to be a lot better.

Tomorrow's another day…ya'll


No comments:

Post a Comment