Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Movie Tuesdays - 7/29/14

It it's Tuesday then it must be…Movies!!

And, this week the movie was, "Blended". A nice, gentle Ro-Com with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. 

It was good. I laughed out loud several times. I had read some lukewarm reviews and wasn't expecting much but it delivered. It was fun.


And, of course, it was ALSO Popcorn Tuesday.

There's something about Popcorn…at the movies…in the dark…with butter.

It makes the movie experience for me.

That and a cold, Diet Coke.


And my favorite cinema, The Regal East Valley Stadium 13. 

Hahaha, I am a simple man.


There she is, my Movie Gal.


So, we stopped at WalMart on the way back. Had to get some essentials and…well, I'll explain that in a minute.

Walking into the store we passed this car parked in the WalMart Parking Lot. 

Mind you, it was parked in the WalMart Parking Lot.

What a Honeymoon, eh!?!

"Hey, Sweetie, let's go to WalMart right after we get married, OK?"

 This one is gonna last a long, long time.


And the Bee. Hey, they're there so I shoot them.


OK, in addition to the essentials, Carol and I have gotten into the bad habit of Double Chocolate Muffins.

Mmmmmm…

So, we got our usual box of muffins and headed to our park.

Haha, yeah, I call the Wiley Post Park over by the Renton Airfield my park. It's easy to get to and we both enjoy it. Always something to see.

Like this…

Love the Seaplanes…coming and going.


So the yellow/green one was taking off and the red/white one had just landed.


It's kinda cool how they park them. They have all these, abbreviated' trucks there and when they land they drive the trucks to the ramp, slide them onto the trailer and go and park them.


EZ, PZ, One-Two-Threesy!!

Pretty cool trucks, eh? Cut off and balanced by the trailer in front. They make it super easy to park the Seaplanes.


And, in addition to the fun of the Seaplanes, we get to look out for Ospreys.

They have a nest over in the Boeing hanger buildings and they come out, hover over the Lake and hunt.

They can just hover, gliding on the wind in one spot, for the longest time.

Then they fold their wings and dive straight into the Lake and, in a moment, come up with a fish in their talons. Then they flap their way back to the nest.


And if I'm lucky, I can get a picture of them.

I've tried getting them when they dive but they move too fast for me. Shooting with a long lens, it's easy to lose them. Real easy.


So I am happy with getting them while they hover…which isn't all that easy, either.


Busy Tuesdays. Movies, WalMart and Double Chocolate Muffins at the park while we enjoy the breeze, watch the planes and gawk at the Ospreys.

It's a good life.

Hooah!!


No comments:

Post a Comment