Friday, August 15, 2014

Summer Daze - 8/5/14

Or - Dang, It's Hot Out Here!!

And, because it's so hot, Carol and I headed back to…the Beach!! Well, The Great American Northwest version of a Beach anyway.

So this edition is going to be a bit here and there. It's just a catch-up of a ordinary day when it was extraordinarily hot. OK, OK, it was warmer than usual, all right!?!

It was time to kick back, under the shade of course, and look up at the sky. And there was a lot to look up at. Usually these Great American Northwest Skies aren't so blue…they're more a slate gray.


And here's the Beach!! Woo, woo!! 

Yes, we were in the same place we were last time. When ya gotta good thing, you stay with it. It has a nice view, cool breeze and a large tree for shade. What's more to want?


Plenty of haps on the the Beach. Kids were loving it and Moms were watching over it.

"But Mommy!! I already have enough sunscreen on!!"

"Stand still. I'll tell you when you have enough screen on."


Later on we went for a walk and I got this shot by…Othello Park.

This Sunday they're going to have a Heritage Art and Music Festival at this park. With a camel!!! yeah, I know, you're wondering, "Heritage!?! Camel!?!"

I don't know. I just go with the flow these days.


And a nice shot of this. Carol calls it a Hummingbird's Nest. When it is in bloom it is splayed out and kinda flat with these very small white flowers on it. 

Then, I don't know why, it starts to curl up leaving a depression in the center that Carol says is just the right size for a hummingbird to build their nest.

Here you can see it as it slowly transforms from the wide open plant into the curled up nest like structure just big enough for a hummingbird.


Another view of one of the many weeds growing here in the Great American Northwest.

And a wee buggie.


Some of the flowers on the front porch.


And we even found time to stop by our favorite park. Where, to our wondering eyes should appear, but another doggone Seaplane.

It still is so doggone cool to see them take off and land…even after the 30th or 40th time.


Artsy-Fartsy Alert!!

There's a small yellow topped boat in the marina near our park and I got this reflection on the water from it.


And the water lilies…(haha, it always makes me think of a cartoon show, Water Lily)

These were out and in bloom. I say that because the last few times we've been there, the flowers, the lilies, excuse me, were rolled up into a bulb. 

Strange.


Pretty nice, eh!?! Just floating out there waiting for some yokel with a camera to come along.


More Artsy-Fartsy stuff. 

Hey!! Don't judge!! You do your Artsy stuff and I'll do mine.

Still, I thought this was sorta OK. The speedboat and the color and all that stuff. Alright, alright, it's lame but it's my thing, man.


OK, two more. 

More reflections…can I get deep here for a minute?

Hahahaha!!!

Get it? 

Deep!!

And we're shooting water in the Lake.

Oh, I love my sense of humor, I really do.


Last one.

This is a different boat (first clue is the lack of yellow reflected on the water) and I cropped this one a lot and the rotated it because I liked it this way better. I think it's kinda cool myself.

Keep your comments to yourself.


This was pretty easy, wasn't it? That's it. We go here and there and do this and that and. usually, we fit in a stop at our park and maybe go for a walk somewhere in there.

It just goes to prove that it's a good life out there…if you go out and look for it. And remember what Abe Lincoln said, "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."

Hooah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment